Dos and Don’ts of Homemade Anti-Cellulite Body Wraps for Fast Weight Loss
Body wraps are a cosmetic procedure, the goal of which is to create a greenhouse effect on problem areas of the body using special wrapping clothing or special wrapping material. Body wraps are usually a procedure performed by professionals at day spas, but can also be done at home.
How do body wraps work for fat loss?
The goal of the procedure is that the skin is nourished with all the necessary substances contained in the enveloping mixture. The pores are narrowed and the skin texture is slightly smoothed. The wrap promotes the reabsorption of cellulite plaques, provides elasticity and smoothness to the skin, reduces volume and promotes blood circulation.
Preparation for body wraps
• Clean the skin with an exfoliant or peeling with sea salt or algae extracts. You can massage problem areas with a scrub.
• The mixture for wrapping should be smooth and elastic; otherwise, you will not be able to apply it to the skin.
• The mixture is applied in a thick or thin layer on the problem areas: thighs, buttocks and abdomen. Wrap the treated areas with a plastic film so that it heats up and better absorbs the microelements contained in the mixture or prepared product. The film will retain heat and will not allow the product to dry out. Then wrap yourself in a blanket or sleeping bag, if you have one. Some body wraps require you to move.
• When the wrapping time is over, wash off the remains of the wrap in the shower and then you can take a bath with sea salt and apply an anti-cellulite cream or toner.
• The home wraps course must include 5 to 10 more procedures. It is best to repeat them every other day or as directed.
• If you experience contraindications, consult your doctor.
Types of body wraps
1. Body wraps for weight loss
An effective slimming and cellulite wrap is made with honey + 2ml of papaverine (ampoules) + 2ml of caffeine (2 ampoules). Mix the components, apply to the skin with massage movements (abdomen, buttocks, thighs), cover with a film and leave for 3 hours; wear warm clothes or underwear. For best results, you should move, play sports, clean or dance. Then take a shower and apply body cream.
2. Anti-cellulite body wraps
For anti-cellulite wraps you can use clay, algae, mud, essential oils, warm honey, etc.
One of the options is 2 tablespoons of algae or seaweed (available in pharmacies). Algae should be mixed with warm water and allowed to swell for 15 minutes. Then add the yolk of 1 egg, 10 drops of citrus essential oil, and 20 drops of camphor oil. Mix the components well and spread a thin layer on the problem areas. Wrap with a film. Wrapping is pretty messy, so you’ll need an oilcloth, a sheet, and a blanket to wrap yourself in. Lie down for 30-60 minutes. Then, take a shower and apply body cream.
Oil body wraps as a treatment for cellulite
The basis of such wraps is wheat sprout oil, hazelnut oil, almond oil and jojoba. Add essential oil or a mixture of essential oils. For 20 ml or base oil, add 3 drops of lemon, juniper and lavender oil. Make sure the essential oils are mixed well and then added to the base oil.
Apply the oil mixture to the problem areas, and then wrap the body with plastic film. It is desirable to put on warm clothes. You can actively move or lie under a blanket for 0.5-1 hour. Then, take a shower and apply anti-cellulite cream.
Body Wraps with Green Tea
Ingredients: 5 tablespoons of powdered green tea, 2 tablespoons of honey, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, hot water.
Preparation: Pour boiling water over powdered tea until you get a paste, then add honey and cinnamon and mix until smooth. Apply the warm mixture to the problem areas, wrap it with foil and lie under a warm blanket for 30-60 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply the anti-cellulite cream with massage movements.
Effect: wonderfully combats cellulite, smoothes and awakens the skin, tightens and strengthens it, produces an antioxidant effect. Green tea wrap is contraindicated for people suffering from varicose veins and inflammation of the appendages.
• Drink 3 liters of water a day to keep skin healthy and hydrated.
• The increased amount of toxins in the blood also causes cellulite on the skin. Use detox juice or syrup once a month to remove toxins from your body.
• Eat clean, alkaline, unprocessed salt to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
• Eat fish or fish oil pills to nourish the skin. They add elasticity to the skin, thus reducing cellulite.
• Get regular exercise.
• Eat a healthy diet of fresh green leafy vegetables and low-glycemic fresh fruits.
• Use a milk-based moisturizer twice a day to reduce cellulite.
• Reduce salt and sugar intake.
• Include honey, carrots and wheat and gluten, broccoli and high-protein meats to minimize the appearance of cellulite.
not to do
• Avoid fried foods, junk food, hot sauces and salty snacks while using the cellulite reduction treatment as it increases cellulite on your body.
• Dehydration is the main cause of a variety of skin problems, including cellulite. Drinking inadequate water, drinking lots of carbonated and fizzy drinks also cause cellulite, so avoid them.
• Post-pregnancy cellulite should be treated only after 40 days postpartum. Starting cellulite treatment before 40 days may cause side effects on the skin surface of women who have had cesarean sections on their body.